Experience the credit union difference! While other financial institutions offer a confusing array of multiple checking accounts with varying fees, interest rates and minimum balance requirements, Sonoma Federal Credit Union offers three full-service checking accounts. Even better, Dividend Checking accounts with average monthly balances of $1,000 or more earn dividends on the total balance!
Dividend Checking With $100 Minimum Balance:
- There is a small monthly fee for accounts with minimum balances of less than $100. Members maintaining a minimum balance of $100 in their checking accounts do not pay a monthly fee.
- Dividends paid on average monthly account balances of $1,000 or more.
- Free overdraft protection when linked to a Sonoma Federal Credit Union Share Savings account (up to a maximum of six transfers per month).
- No per-check fees
- Optional Free Direct Deposit
- Optional Free Online Banking
- Optional Free Bill Pay
- Optional ATM/VISA Check Card
- STATLine - Take care of your financial affairs when it's convenient for you by using Sonoma Federal Credit Union's 24-hour telephone service.
Go Green checking with no minimum balance.
- No monthly or minimum balance fees
- Free overdraft protection when linked to a Sonoma Federal Credit Union Share Savings account (six transfers per month)
- Unlimited ATM transactions at all ATMs displaying "The Co-op" logo.**
- Requires direct deposit
- Requires e-statements
- Requires online banking
- Requires Visa Check card
- Free bill payment services (optional)
- STATLine - takes care of your financial affairs when it's convenient for you by using Sonoma Federal Credit Union's 24-hour telephone service.
Bonus checking accounts are offered only to qualifying members of Sonoma Federal Credit Union. Dividend rates paid on these accounts are variable and subject to change at any time. Ask your credit union representative for current rates.
Bonus checking accounts have two rate tiers, BASE RATE and BONUS RATE. Members qualifying for the bonus rate will receive that higher rate automatically in place of the Base rate. As of May 1, 2019, members must meet all of the following conditions in order to receive the higher Bonus rate:
- All signers on the Bonus checking account must be in good standing, with no delinquent balances owed on any Sonoma Federal Credit Union accounts.
- Must be utilizing electronic statements in place of mailed monthly account statements.
- Maintain a loan balance or certificate balance greater than $10,000.
- Receive at least 1 direct deposit monthly in an amount greater than $500.
- Must have logged into home banking from a PC or smart-phone during the month.
- Complete at least 12 un-refunded debit card purchases from the bonus checking account in amounts greater than $5 each.
Bonus checking accounts that meet the above qualifying criteria will receive the higher Bonus interest rate on the entire monthly average balance maintained within their Bonus checking account. These criteria are subject to change.
** Other financial institutions may charge ATM fees for using their ATMs. There is a small fee for ATM transactions outside of the Co-op Network.